Sunday, June 23, 2013

Now I'm a little wet

After a great night of camping in Pella, IA, I started off just as rain started. It didn't seem like it was going to be more than a drizzle. Before I hit the main road it turned into a major downpour. I stopped and got Envy's rain gear on which includes a trash bag over the duffle with my clothes. Then, with all of my vents closed up, tried to make it back to I-80. It would have been a really nice ride except for the wind and water. I lucked out and found a patio covered picnic table at the gas station by the on ramp. Waiting for the worse of the rain to pass, I enjoyed a nice hot cup of coffee. Eventually my hands dried out enough to use my phone and found a McDonalds (free WiFi) 12 miles away in Grinnell. Grinnell is very much a stereotypical midwest town.
According to weather.com the storm I went through is travelling in the same direction I am. So, I shouldn't get any more rain. But, it doesn't look like I'll get clear skies for a while. I may stay in a hotel tonight just so I can dry out a bit. Tomorrow I'll have to try to find a moto shop where I can get some better wet weather gloves.
Almost forgot, I've now been at this for a week. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. So far it's definitely been a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment