Monday, June 24, 2013

Another day, another state

The rain eventually let up in Peru and I headed down to Bloomington. First, I stopped by the only motorcycle shop in Peru to see about some water proof gloves. They had none of course. But they were a small shop. So, down to Bloomington. When I got there I stopped at a McDonalds for free Wifi and lunch. Both shop there are closed on Sunday, so still no wet gloves. While I was eating I overheard the conversation a couple of tables down. There were two older guys discussing their travels. The older guy was telling a story about jumping on trains and avoiding the bulls. The younger of the two came up to me while I was gearing up in the parking lot. He's a Harley rider that's done a lot of traveling and gave me some kudos for getting out and riding. He did recommend that I swing through Elkhart and see the place that made the trailer for his Harley.
I made a long dash from Bloomington through Indianapolis. I was thinking of camping and set my GPS for the Summit Lake state park. My GPS seems to be in "you should take the back roads" mode, which is nice. It took me through Pendleton and into New Castle. Both very cool old towns. If I get a chance (it't not raining) I want to go check out New Castle a bit.
As I rolled into New Castle I stopped at a Walgreens for some Gold Bond cream (if you need to ask, you don't want to know). A guy on a DR rolled up and was thrilled to see another dual sport rider. Wade and I chatted a bit and he gave me his number if I needed anything.
After getting my Gold Bond, I looked up the weather. Overnight thunderstorms and more tomorrow. Ditch the camping idea and on to a hotel.
I'm at the Garden Inn down by the 70 again and think I'll run along that for a bit tomorrow. But we'll see. For now I think Envy wants to sleep inside tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see the journey's finally happening! Good riding, man!
    -Jere

    ReplyDelete